Bright Sky app
The Bright Sky app provides safe, practical support and information for people concerned about family violence, or worried about the safety of themselves, or someone they care about.
Features of the app include:
- Information on different types of abuse
- Case studies providing real life examples of what different types of abuse look like
- A secure journal feature that allows you to send evidence (photos, voice memos etc) to a safe email address, removing the need to store info on your device, or in your email sent items
- A quiz helping you to assess the harmful behaviours you’re experiencing in your relationship
- Information about support services locally and nationally. You can search by the location of your device if you choose to provide it, or by post code/location
- Information and tips about how to be safer online
- A feature to help make it safer to have the app on your device
How we brought the app to NZ
We partnered with Te Rourou, One Aotearoa Foundation to release the Bright Sky App in New Zealand. Bright Sky was developed in the UK by Vodafone Foundation Group in collaboration with a range of Family and Sexual Violence service providers. Bright Sky is now available in 11 countries, with over 150,000 unique user downloads.
Image of Poster